In accordance with the powers vested in me by paragraphs 8, 10, 11, 13, 36 and 37 of the Final Award of March 5, 1999 of the Arbitral Tribunal for the Dispute over the Inter-Entity Boundary in the Brcko Area;
Recalling that the Statute of Brcko District of Bosnia and Herzegovina was amended by Supervisory Order dated February 2, 2007 (hereinafter “the February 2 Supervisory Order”);
Further recalling that, in furtherance of the February 2 Supervisory Order, various laws and amendments to laws of Brcko District were enacted by the Supervisory Order dated June 26, 2007 (hereinafter “the June 26 Supervisory Order”) thereby harmonizing these pieces of District legislation with the amended District Statute;
Noting that Paragraphs 10 and 11 of the June 26 Supervisory Order mandate the District Mayor to appoint a special commission (hereinafter “the Commission”) with representatives from the Assembly, the Government and the Judiciary, to review the laws and amendments to laws enacted by the same Supervisory Order within four months from the date of the Supervisory Order;
Commending the efforts and professionalism of the Commission who prepared amendments to laws within the time scale prescribed by the June 26 Supervisory Order;
Having reviewed the draft amendments to laws prepared by the Commission and, with some minor amendments I consider appropriate, being generally satisfied with their content;
Also noting that I reserved the right to take the changes proposed by the Commission into consideration, whereupon I may choose to enact those changes by further Supervisory Order, or variants of them, that in my discretion I consider appropriate;
I therefore order that:
1. The laws on amendments to laws hereinafterset out in the Annex to this Supervisory Order are hereby enacted as laws of Brcko District.
2. All the laws on amendments to laws enacted by virtue of paragraph 1 of this Supervisory Order shall be published without delay in the Official Gazette of the Brcko District, and shall enter into force on the eighth day after their publication.
3. The laws on amendments to laws enacted by virtue of paragraph 1 of this Supervisory Order may subsequently be amended by the Assembly of the Brcko District in accordance with the Statute of the Brcko District and the Rules of Procedure of the District Assembly.
4. This Supervisory Order has immediate effect without further procedural steps, and shall be published without delay in the Official Gazette of the Brcko District. All public officials in the Brcko District shall take all necessary measures to ensure that this Order and the laws on amendments to laws enacted pursuant hereto are executed in full and on time.
5. This Supervisory Order shall be published in both English and the official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina. In the event of inconsistency:
(a) for the main text of this Order, the English language version shall be authoritative for all purposes; but
(b) for the Annex to this Order, and the laws on amendments to laws contained therein, the versions in the official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina shall be authoritative for all purposes.
Dr. Raffi Gregorian
Supervisor of Brcko
Principal Deputy High Representative