In accordance with paragraphs 11 and 37 of the Brcko Final Award of March 5, 1999, paragraph 8(A) and 12 of the Annex to the Final Award of August 18, 1999;
In furtherance of the Supervisory Order on Arizona Market dated November 16, 2000, and the Supervisory Order on the Use of Land in Arizona Market dated February 17, 2001;
Commending the efforts of the Brcko District Government and Police which have resulted inter alia in increasing public safety, ensuring compliance of businesses with the above Orders, applicable laws and regulations, and reducing criminal activity;
Recognizing that, notwithstanding the achievements described above in promoting the rule of law in Arizona Market there will be continuing concerns as to fire safety, inadequate utilities, and other infrastructure until the Market is reconstructed;
Noting the Contract between the Brcko District and the private company “Italproject” of December 21, 2001, on the Right of Construction, Financing, Designing and Managing of Arizona Market, concluded pursuant to a public tender;
With the goal of rehabilitating Arizona Market to meet the required standards for business activities and infrastructure, increase legitimate business activity, and enable the fulfillment of the contractual obligations of both the Brcko District and “Italproject”;
I hereby Order that the Supervisory Order on Arizona Market dated November 16, 2000, be amended as follows;
- All business activities shall be performed in Arizona Market between 05:00 and 22:00 hours, seven days per week. No business activity shall be performed outside these hours, except as provided below, unless I have given my explicit approval.
- The Brcko District Government shall have the authority to impose shorter working hours than the ones specified in paragraph 1 of this Order on specific businesses or categories of business as may be required for public health and safety or other restrictions in the public interest in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- “Italproject”, and their subcontractors and suppliers shall be allowed to perform construction related activities in Arizona Market outside the hours specified in paragraph 1 of this Order for purposes directly related to the fulfillment of their contractual obligations towards the Brcko District.
4. All gambling licenses issued to businesses operating in the area of Arizona Market are hereby revoked. No gambling license shall be issued in the area of the Market until a Brcko District Law on Gambling is enacted.
- This Order shall come into effect forthwith and shall be published without delay in the Official Gazette of the Brcko District.
Henry L. Clarke
Deputy High Representative
Supervisor of Brcko