In accordance with the authority vested in me under the Arbitral Award of February 14,1997; the Supplemental Award of March 15, 1998, and Article XI of the Self-sustaining structures of the Bonn Peace Implementation Conference of December 10, 1997, I hereby issue the following Order:
- Following the failure of the RS Brcko Municipal Assembly to elect in its extraordinary session of November 13, 1998, qualified candidates for the recently created Secretariat for Public Works and Secretariat for Budget and Finance, I hereby appoint:
- Mr. Mustafa Nukovic, who was the only candidate put forward by the Federation-based parties, as Secretary for Budget and Finance.
- Mr. Djordje Dragicevic, who received the highest number of votes (28) among the candidates submitted by the Bosnian Serb parties, as Secretary for Public Works.
- The appointed Municipal officials are hereby mandated to take up their appointments and carry out their duties from the date of this Order.
- The Executive Board of the RS Brcko Municipality will, in consultation with my Office, complete and implement a multi-ethnic staffing plan for the new municipal government structure by November 23, 1998. A copy of the plan will be submitted to my office by that date.
Robert W. Farrand
Deputy High Representative
Supervisor of Brcko
16 November 1998