As the Supervisor for Brcko, in accordance with my authority under the Award on the Interim International Supervision in the Brcko Area of February 14, 1997, and pursuant to my Order on Judiciary in the RS Municipality of Brcko of October 10, 1997, I herein issue the following Order:
- In accordance with the above provisions, I have decided to appoint:
- Mr. Dragan Mihajlovic for the President of the Basic Court;
- Mr. Jozo Andjic for the Vice President of the Basic Court;
- Mr. Irfan Selimovic for the Public Prosecutor;
- Mr. Slavo Lakic for the Deputy Prosecutor;
- Mr. Milenko Mihajlovic for the President of the Magistrates’ Court;
- Mr. Safet Pizovic for the Judge in the Magistrates’ Court.
- (To be named.)
I will appoint the third Judge for the Magistrates’ Court in the near future.
The appointed officers shall participate in an official ceremony at the RS National Assembly, the date of which I will communicate at a later stage after consultation with the President of the Republika Srpska. In the interim the court officers are mandated to take up their appointments from the date of the issuance of this Order.
- A working group shall be established, convening the President and Vice President of the Basic Court, and other individuals as deemed appropriate. The working group sessions shall be chaired by OHR, and shall serve as a forum for discussion of issues relating to the implementation of the Supervisory Order of October 10, as well as the present Addendum to that Order. The working group shall hold its first session within one week after the issuance of this Order. Participation in the working group shall be mandatory for all parties.
In addition working groups for the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the Magistrates’ Court will be established, within the same timeline.
This Order shall take immediate effect. Non-compliance with this Order will constitute a major breach of the Parties’ obligations under the Arbitral Award.
Robert W. Farrand
Supervisor of Brcko
December 5, 1997